Dec 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Hello Everyone

Great VS extenstion (have tryed in on VS2010) lot of THANKS to guys who developed it

Some feedback on the version 1.4:

instruction:

MOVZX   eax, r8w   ; zero extension load first 16bit from R8 register to EAX register

no highlight for register modificator also unknown opcode size

Best regards

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 9:12 AM

By default, Asmhighlighter is  analyzing a single line of code in 32bit mode (It is unfortunately hard-coded).

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM
alexandre_mutel wrote:

By default, Asmhighlighter is  analyzing a single line of code in 32bit mode (It is unfortunately hard-coded).

Thanx for answer.

Might i can help adding highlighting for new registers/operands available?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 12:00 PM
SergeyV wrote:

Sure, for new operands and registers, have a look at the file AsmHighlighter/MASMKeywords.map

You can send your modifications and I will integrate the changes.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2010 at 4:21 PM
alexandre_mutel wrote:
SergeyV wrote:

Sure, for new operands and registers, have a look at the file AsmHighlighter/MASMKeywords.map

You can send your modifications and I will integrate the changes.

Some notes:

movs movsb movsd movss movsw – shouldnt be SSE instruction instead of general purpose even it can work with GPR (e.g. move data from GPR to SSE registers and back)? May you mind about MOVSX (sign extension) which is GPR instruction?
I moved them to SSE but you can move them back of course

cvttps2pi cvttss2si – fixed order

monitor, mwait, pause, mfence, lfence, popcnt and clflush – added to general set of instructions (even these added to instructions set as part of SSE)

I added SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3 instructions and SSE4 essentials
also all set of 64 bit registers rax...r15including partial registers like r8d(b)..r15d(b) and RIP (its not possible currently to use directly this register in MASM but i added it just in case)

PS: Were not able to PM you ("undefined" error on form) but i need your email to send file

PPS: Created issue here http://asmhighlighter.codeplex.com/workitem/10048 (just to be able attach MAP file as it is not possible to do here)

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Great extenstion. But some instructions still lacks.

Also, does the author plan to add Intellisense feature?

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Also, does the author plan to add Intellisense feature?

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM
icelan wrote:

if you don't list missing instructions here, I cannot guess them.

Also, if you want to be helpful with this project, you could easily submit your own patch as SergeV did.

icelan wrote:   Also, does the author plan to add Intellisense feature?

I wanted to keep this plugin fairly simple to develop, just a couple of days. Adding intellisense require a proper parsing of the code, which would ask a lot more work (a grammar to parse the code...etc), handle different asm dialects...etc.

Unfortunately, AsmHighlighter use a basic tokenizer to highlight the code, nothing more.